It seems that I found a bug, when I jump in certain area they teleport me for more advance area in game, than I cannot resolve the puzzle. They put me after a river, and I am a robot, I canot pass to return.
Robot 1 in.... THE PLANET OF DEATH!!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Robot 1 is safe, or is he?
Teleported onto an alien world having narrowly escaping the ship of doom, robot 1 needs to try and send a rescue message. To do this he's going to need to gather some supplies and interact with the local biologicals as they may well help him on his mission.
This is a game for the ZX Spectrum. It has support for 48K and 128K with AY music from the talented Sergey Kosov. There is also a ULAplus version with enhanced colour if you have an emulator or suitable hardware to play it on.
Z/X - Left and right
P - Jump
O - Pick up and cycle your inventory (can carry only three things at once)
K - Interact / Talk
1 - Pauses game
2 - Toggles music
Also supports Kempston and Sinclair joysticks
Game can be played on all known emulators and can also be loaded directly onto real spectrum hardware.
Also available on Cassette from:-
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
EDIT: I finished the game, but I understand now that the bug only appear when you are jumping alot with the mole in your inventory. You can verify it if you want in future make an update. Awesome game \o/
You can share links back to this page if you wish but do not put copies of the game elsewhere. I lose the ability to track downloads and also update any people who have the game, with new versions or news.
- the game is very short -- a Dizzy-like game should have Dizzy-like length :)
- there are too many red herring objects
- it was not clear what one must do to win the game. I would rather have three down-arrows next to the transmitter, which would disappear one-by-one as one puts the required items down. Or there could be some change to the transmitter (shape, color, etc.).
- positioning the enemies to the extreme right of the screen is a very evil move, because basically you have to press jump right away when you enter the screen from the right
- jump height felt inconsistent, even if it probably wasn't. Maybe because of the placement of tree branches?
- it would have been nice if the items had names! Some were easy to recognize, but some (lump of coal, pipe?) not really.
Disclaimer: coming from C64, I haven't been able to fully acclimatize
to the average quality of Spectrum games. Some of my problems
(attribute clashes, no music) can be attributed to that. I know there is
music on 128k, but I wasn't able to load the game in Fuse with the 128k